7:30 – 8:00 | Registration – Valiants’ Gym Lobby
8:00 – 8:15 | General Assembly – Valiants’ Gym
8:25 – 9:50 | Round One: Elocution Speeches
9:50 – 10:10 | Break
10:10 – 11:30 | Round Two: Extemporaneous Reading
11:30 – 12:10 | Lunch – Please purchase from the following locations:
12:10 – 1:20 | Round Three: Impromptu Speeches
1:20 – 1:35 | Break
Coaches: check your email during this break to see which of your students, if any, will need to present their Elocution speech during the tie breaker round.
1:45 – 2:30 | Round Four: Tie Breaker
3:00* – 3:45 | Award Presentation – Valiants’ Gym Lobby
*The Award Presentation may start earlier, if the tie breaker round is completed early. Please listen for an announcement.
Room Codes: Each room location will include both letters and numbers. The letters will indicate the building and the number will indicate the classroom. Please look carefully as the room numbers are repeated in the different buildings.
- HS –High School Building
- MS– Elementary / Middle School Building – Middle School wing (east side)
- ES – Elementary / Middle School Building – Elementary School wing (north side)
- S – High School Science Building near the track
Starting the day: Where to gather as a team
There is no individual registration; coaches are responsible for distributing the nametags that serve as “registration.”
7:30-8:00 | Participants and Students: Proceed directly to the Valiants (High School) Gym and find your school’s spot in the bleachers (see map below). Your coach will find you here and distribute nametags. This is also where you will sit for the Awards Ceremony. You are also welcome to eat lunch here.
7:30-8:00 | Coaches: Pick up your school packet at the registration table in the high school athletic center gym lobby. Each folder includes
- General information for the day (schedule, map, etc.)
- A master list of student ID numbers and room locations for each round
- Student name tags
Student Name Tags are ESSENTIAL for the smooth running of the tournament.
- The 3 numbers on the nametag represent the student’s unique ID number, grade, and school code, and help ensure anonymous recording of speech scores.
- Below the code are room numbers where the student will give their speech. Score sheets for each student are in that room, so students must go to the correct room for each round.
- The students’ last name is written in the corner; please check that you have the right nametag.
Nametag Placement: Please make sure students put name tags over their heart on the piece of clothing they will wear during their speeches. Students should NOT put name tags on their coats.