Valley Catholic High School seeks students with strong academic skills, a sincere interest in learning, and a desire to be an active member of the school’s extracurricular life. We are a close community of 400 high school students. We trust our students and are not institutional or rule-bound. We look for students who will be kind and trustworthy.
Valley Catholic School admits students of any race, color, and national or ethnic origin to all rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of educational policies, admissions policies, scholarships, financial aid, loan programs, or athletic and other school-administered programs.
What can valley catholic offer you?
Learn more about Valley Catholic’s tradition of excellence in our 2018-2019 viewbook. In our new video, students describe what Valley Catholic means to them. Watch here.
Our “Spend a Day” program allows prospective high school students to learn more about Valley Catholic High School by shadowing a Valley Catholic High School student. You’ll be matched with a student of interests similar to yours, with whom you’ll visit every class and enjoy lunch in our cafeteria. Visits begin October 15 and will continue through April.
- Application Process Explanation/Timeline
A completed application package includes:
- An application via SchoolAdmin online
- A Placement Test score (freshmen only)
- Unofficial copies of permanent records from previous schools (transcripts and standardized test scores).
- Recommendations from an English or Language Arts teacher, math teacher, and a principal or counselor from the student’s previous school via SchoolAdmin online – link will be available Dec. 3.
- Open House | Sunday October 14 from 1-4 p.m. Welcoming address at 1:45 p.m.
- Spend-a-day visits | October 15 – April
- Academic Night | November 14 at 7 p.m. in the Valley Catholic High School Cafeteria.
- High School Placement Tests | Friday, November 30 at 2:30 p.m. and Saturday, December 1 at 9:30 a.m.
- Freshman Application Due and Health Form Due | January 18, 2019
- Scholarship application due | January 18, 2018
- Financial Aid application via FACTS due | January 18, 2018
- Transcripts and online recommendations due | February 4, 2019
- Freshman Decision letters mailed | March 14, 2019
- Freshman Enrollment Deadline | April 3, 2019
tuition & scholarships
Smart Tuition Form | For new Smart Tuition enrollees only
The Sisters of St. Mary of Oregon and the faculty and staff of Valley Catholic School, in partnership with our parents, provide excellent, affordable Catholic values-based education to students in the Portland metropolitan area. Learn more.
For more information or to join our mailing list, click here.