All Valley Catholic Elementary School (VCES), parents are part of the VALOR Network. The VCES VALOR Network is a committee of school parents and guardians that functions as support to the school through its community-building and volunteer coordination efforts. Parents, teachers and staff members gathered together in our library on Tuesday evenings to hear updates from committee chairpersons, to receive the principal’s report, and to help plan upcoming events at our school.
Do you remember what VALOR stands for? It stands for the wonderful people who are:
- Ambassadors of Information
- Liaisons Promoting Communication
- Organization Committed to Success
- Respectful of All Constituents
The VALOR Network is supported by the following groups:
- Executive Committee
- Committee & Event Chairs
- Room Parents
The VCES VALOR Network invites and welcomes all parents as volunteers, and wants to support them in fulfilling their family service-hour requirement: 20 hours each school year per family). We believe that the educational experience is enhanced through a wide variety of interests, skills and talents that can be shared through volunteerism.
The committee holds elections for its officers each spring, and it meets monthly. All parents are welcome to attend meetings, and they are able to earn service hours for their attendance. VALOR representatives and event chairs help to coordinate many of the school’s events, including the Jog-a-thon, Halloween Carnival and Art Literacy, just to name a few. These positions, as well as room parents, due to their efforts, automatically receive 20 service hours for their school-year duties.
There are many creative and supportive ways to serve and attain your service-hour commitment. Please read our HelpCounter – How To Guide (directions for using the site) – then visit our HelpCounter site to show your interest in volunteering.
If you have any questions regarding the VCES VALOR Network, service hours, or serving as a VALOR representative, event chair, or room parent, please contact the VCES VALOR Network co-chairs for the current school year.
VCES VALOR Network Links
- Box Tops Information
- Classroom Party Planning Checklist Form
- No Cost Ways To Help VCES: eSCRIP and Target
- VALOR Network Bylaws
- VALOR Network Check Request Form
- VCS Scrip Form
VCES VALOR Network Meeting Minutes
- VALOR Meeting | September 2016
- VALOR Meeting | October 2016
- VALOR Meeting | November 2016
- VALOR Meeting | April 2017
- VALOR Meeting | September 2017
- VALOR Meeting | October 2017
- VALOR Meeting | November 2017
- VALOR Meeting | December 2017
- VALOR Meeting | September 2018
- VALOR Meeting | November 2018
- VALOR Meeting | December 2018
- VALOR Meeting | December 18 2018
- VALOR Meeting | January 2019